AIT has bundled its expertise in the functions of a railway vehicle into two compact controllers:
- Safety Control Unit (SCU)
- Vehicle Control Unit (VCU)
Safety Control Unit
We have been developing safety-related control technology since 2008. We have bundled the typical railway vehicle safety functions in a compact, flexible controller.
The SCU has been expertly assessed and fully certified in accordance with normal railway standards (SIL 3). Numerous high-performance, field-tested modules and expertly assessed functions are available. At the same time, the systems developed by AAIT can be utilized as either standalone solutions or integrated, complex systems. Key data:
24 V DC, variable number of digital inputs and outputs, analogue inputs, impulse generator inputs.
Protection class: IP20, temperature: TX
||Dependent on the function. Maximum SIL 3
EN 50128 (software), EN 50129 (hardware), EN 50155 (ambient conditions)
Vehicle Control Unit
For years we have also bundled the typical railway vehicle functions in a vehicle control system with modern driver’s cab display and control devices.
- Complete replacement of an existing vehicle control system, e.g. because electrical components are no longer available.
- Addition of new functions with no negative impact, e.g. WTB multiple traction.
- Full modernisation of older vehicles (original equipment).